Octavio Herrera was born in Campo Carabobo, Venezuela, in 1952. In 1964 he entered Rafael School of Plastic and Applied Arts Maracay Monasterys, where later
he practiced as a teacher in 1971 and 1972. In 1973 begins a period dedicated to the design lasts until 1977, when it moves France to continue his training at the University of Paris VIII Vincennes-Saint Denis.
Color is imposed as the true protagonist of his compositions, he does not only fulfil a chromatic function, but it also serves to create, multiply and delimit spaces. Spaces that are no longer seen typecast by the classic orthogonal/rectangular format in which the shape of the support stipulated the limits of composition.
2.5 x 4m / 98.4 x 157 in